One of the best ways to get rich as a young Kenyan is to take advantage of digital platforms. If you can amass a huge following on Instagram like Azziad, or have many subscribers on YouTube like Henry Desagu, you’ll be making hundreds of thousands of shillings every month. Most young people are aware of this.
However, not many are aware of the value of websites as a money-making tool.
The website owners we’ll list in this article make between sh 30,000 and sh 300,000 per month from advertisements alone.
On platforms like YouTube, you are paid for ads that are placed on your videos. But if you own a website, you depend on written content, including articles and blog posts.
The amount of money you get from ads depends on the number of people who visit your website, in other words, the traffic. The more your website’s traffic, the higher you earn.
In this article, we’ll list some of the most popular informational websites in Kenya. They all get 100,000+ visitors per month. These websites make money by creating blog posts that answer questions such as “What is the salary of an MCA in Kenya,” “What is the DSTV paybill number,” and “How to top up tokens with Mpesa.”
Please note that the figures we provide in this article are estimates and should only be used as such. Fusion Content has used a number of keyword research and web traffic tools to arrive at these estimates.
1. Kenyan Life – Life in Kenya, Living in Kenya, Daily Life in Kenya – 318,000 Monthly Visitors
The website kenyanlife.com has content about all things Kenyan, from the biographies of public figures to opinion pieces about improving Kenya to the fee structures of Kenyan universities.
Here is a list of the top 5 articles that earn this website the most money, along with estimated monthly visits:
- Betin Login, Betin Mobile Lite, Betin Kenya App Download, Registration (kenyanlife.com) – 5,000+ monthly visits
- UON Student Portal Login, smis.uonbi.ac.ke – University of Nairobi (kenyanlife.com) – 3,000+ monthly visits
- Form One Selection 2022 – Form 1 Admission Letters Download (kenyanlife.com) – 2,500+ visits
- KCSE Results 2021/2022 via SMS – How to Download KCSE Result Slip Online (kenyanlife.com) – 2,000+ visits
- KCA Student Portal Login – KCA University eLearning Portal (kenyanlife.com) – 2,000+ visits
Among the search queries (topics) that bring this website the most traffic from Google include: betin login, form one selection, KCA students portal, and HELB application.
2. Nasonga – 170,000 Monthly Visitors
Nasonga is an informational website that provides information to help Kenyans solve their day-to-day problems. However, the website gets traffic not only from Kenya but also from other countries like the US, Nigeria, and South Africa.
Here is a list of their top 5 articles in terms of estimated monthly traffic:
- PayPal Mpesa 2022: How to Link Paypal to Mpesa in Kenya – 65,000 + visitors
- List of Mobile Loan Apps in Kenya 2022 – 14,000 + visitors
- Mpesa Charges 2022: Safaricom Mpesa Rates and Tariffs – 12,000+ visitors
- List of 20 Richest People in Kenya in 2022 – Nasonga – 8,000+ visitors
- How to Buy Airtel Airtime from Mpesa in 2022 – 7,000+ visitors
This websites gets one third of its monthly traffic from one topic – “Paypal to Mpesa.” The topic has an estimated 360,000 monthly searches, making it one of the most searched for topics in Kenya.
3. Victor Matara | Sharing Daily Updated Facts From Kenya – 150,000 Monthly Visitors
The website is named after its founder, with their mission being to provide daily and updated facts from Kenya.
Below is a list of the top 5 posts that bring the most traffic to this site per month:
- How To Pay Kenya Power (KPLC) Bill Via Mpesa (victormatara.com) – 2,500+
- Safaricom Home Fibre Packages and Prices 2022 (victormatara.com) – 2,000+
- List Of Children’s Homes In Nairobi (victormatara.com) – 1,200+
- List Of Stadiums In Kenya (victormatara.com) – 1,100+
- List of ENA Coach Branches and Contacts (victormatara.com) – 1,000+
Some of the search terms that bring the most traffic to this website include garages, bridal shops, safaricom home fibre, kenyan governors, and kenyan parastatals.
4. Kenyayote – Latest Campus Updates, Education News in Kenya – 116,000 visitors
The Kenya Yote website is dedicated to providing digital coverage for the Education sector in Kenya. They report on all types of Education news, from campus updates to information that is helpful to teachers.
These are the top 5 Kenya Yote articles in terms of the estimated monthly traffic they bring:
- Sample industrial attachment letter and how to write an industrial attachment application letter – Kenyayote – 4,000 + visits
- Quick Paypal to Mpesa Transfer: How to withdraw procedure for Kenyans – Kenyayote – 3,000+ visits
- Top 10 transcription jobs sites to make money online with in Kenya – Kenyayote – 2,000+ visits
- NTSA Driving License Categories, requirements and fees – Kenyayote – 1,500+ visits
- 144 Traffic and Road Signs in Kenya and Meanings – Kenyayote – 1,500+ visits
The following search topics bring the highest Google search traffic to this site: set books, application letter for attachment, transcription jobs in Kenya, and how to register NHIF online.
The following websites get fewer than 100,000 visitors from search engines per month. However, they still get decent traffic and their owners make some money from them:
5. Kenyacradle.com – 80,000 visitors per month
6. Techguy.co.ke – 80,000 visitors per month
7. Nyongesasande.com – 70,000 visitors per month
8. Ugwire.com – 70,000 visitors per month
9. Whoownskenya.com – 60,000 visitors per month
Search engine optimization, proper keyword research, and a good content marketing strategy are crucial in determining the monthly traffic that websites get. Fusion Content provides all these services, tailored specifically for the Kenyan market. Visit our contact page to get in touch with us.